Do you have the unique ability to combine the art of design with the art of programming? If so, this role may be just what you’re looking for.
Responsibilities will include; general website updates for clients, translation of design wireframes into actual code – fully functioning web pages. You will work closely with the Project Manager and lead Designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the user interface looks as well as how it works.
A strong understanding of major website CMS’s, as well as the ability to manipulate and create custom developed websites is critical.
- Develop and implement new user-facing features for responsive Desktop and Mobile websites.
- Be the development lead for custom website projects in WordPress
- Custom wordpress module or plugin development
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs as needed
- General website updates, troubleshooting, technical fixes, and security updates.
- Optimize websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Features and functionality QA
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Assist in the estimate and quoting of development projects
- Implement technical SEO fixes on-site as needed.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, Angular.
- Basic understanding of PHP and server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Web API’s for major web applications
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Surround is looking for an Account Manager (AM) to join our team in Oakville, ON.
The Account Manager is a proactive liaison, representing Surround Integrated to our clients and be seen as a leader in regards to customer service, professionalism, teamwork and profitability. If you can be an advocate for the client and add value to the client-agency relationship with analysis and insights of the client’s brand and results. The AM works with all departments to ensure all client work moves through the company in a timely and efficient manner.
Acts first and foremost as brand manager and advocate for the clients, regularly evaluating effectiveness of all marketing efforts and proposing alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Completes preparation for most effective client meetings; gathers supporting background information and prepares analysis, reports and recommendations.
- Stays apprised of client satisfaction levels as well as marketing developments, effectively communicating any findings to relevant agency personnel and recognizing opportunities to enhance value for the client.
- Is a self starter, a critical thinker and a problem solver
- Participates in and may facilitate client planning meetings
- Leads the team in evaluation and analysis of clients’ past performance.
- Collaborates with team to develop proposals to best maximize the clients’ revenue dollars.
- Delivers well-prepared presentation of proposals to clients, improving overall client growth rates every month.
- Overall Quality Assurance (QA) on everything sent to the client to ensure accuracy and clarity, * including, but not limited to, project estimates, copy and design.
- Represents the agency at industry functions— promoting the agency and looking for growth opportunities to benefit our clients at every opportunity.
- Can speak with authority on the agency credentials and specialties.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management as appropriate.
- At least 2 years of advertising agency or marketing company, account management experience.
- Digital/interactive account experience required.
- A positive, independently motivated and team-focused attitude with passion for continuous improvement
- A persuasive and engaging oral and written communicator.
- Exceptional skills in planning, prioritization of multiple projects and tasks with meticulous attention to detail in a collaborative, fast-paced agency.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate problems, and gather and analyze the information necessary to resolve those problems
- Reflective and analytical; appreciative of feedback and dedicated to improvement and self-development.
- Please send an introductory/cover letter, a pdf or link to your resume
Surround is looking for a Digital Sales Manager to join our team in the Greater Vancouver Regional District.
Manages digital sales of the company’s services within the GVRD, lower Mainland and Victoria. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to achieve short and long-term sales milestones.
Collaborates with CEO in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company in the GVRD, lower Mainland and Victoria.
- Manages sales area to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Establishes and manages effective programs to collaborate, coach and train sales team.
- Performs sales activities and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with CEO.
- Collaborates with sales staff to build digital sales capability and process.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all of Surround’s products and services.
- Formulates all digital sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborates with CEO to develop sales strategies to improve market share.
- Interprets short and long-term effects on sales strategies.
- Educates sales team by recommending programs/seminars in the area of digital sales.
- Participates and leads regular meetings with sales team.
- Must be open to spending time in Toronto, ON for training once/year.
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years of Digital Sales experience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self Starter: able to work toward well defined goals with minimal management.
- Office is in Burnaby, BC. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Featured in The Globe and Mail, CFRB 1010, Global News, The Toronto Star, Huffington Post and many others; Surround is a growing Integrated Marketing Agency in Oakville Ontario. We specialize in creative strategy and cross channel marketing execution. Our clients are found in search and social, heard on the radio, seen on video and in direct mail, and experienced at events. Our work and our company has one core goal: We help our clients grow their businesses.
Surround is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team in Oakville, ON.
Are you looking to develop an exciting new career or looking for growth opportunities in Digital Agency Sales? If you’re a hunter and understand how to find opportunities, proven value, get meetings and close deals we have the role for you! Your role will be autonomous and your earning opportunity with Surround has no limits. We have grown almost 400% over the past 24 months and see no signs of slowing down.
We have house leads, we have training, you have the drive to find new opportunities and large format agency sales experience. You can manage the entire sales cycle from start to finish, from prospecting to planning to driving new sales revenue from our Oakville office. This position requires an energetic and strategic individual who will represent Surround across Ontario and possibly Canada. You’ll use a consultative selling approach to build relationships with area companies.
You will be selling a variety of Advertising Agency Services such as;
Creative Strategy, Advertising Campaigns, Traditional Marketing , Search Engine Marketing (PPC), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Content Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Website Design, Mobile Apps, Display Advertising and more.
You will receive intensive training that builds the skills you need to be successful in this industry. Plus, you will be backed by a dedicated service team to help you manage and retain your client accounts, allowing you to focus on selling.
If you’re highly entrepreneurial, confident, and passionate with a “Can Do” attitude, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Job Skills & Responsibilities:
- Consult face-to-face with local clients
- Promote and demonstrate the value of Surround’s products and services
- Generate sales in the Greater Toronto Area market via phone, email and in-person meetings
- Deliver exceptional customer service and maintain meaningful relationships with clients
- Oversee your clients’ campaigns and regularly communicate performance results
- Drive retention and growth with existing client base
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn and be coached
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- At least 1 year of media sales experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prospecting and cold calling experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Drivers license and vehicle is essential
1 (855) 561-4487